Touch of Class » Touch of Class Visitor's Information
||Touch of Class Visitor's Information
A Touch of Class
Mapquest Information for Benton Community
We hope you enjoy your day at Benton Community’s A Touch of Class! The following is some information you may find useful in planning your day with us. We look forward to seeing your group’s performance.
Exterior map of building with entrances, parking, etc..
· Each group is provided a homeroom as a base for your group and your belongings. Please consider having an adult in the room at all times to watch over your possessions. During your performance we will provide an adult from Benton Community to watch over your room.
· Your group will have two hosts available to you throughout the day. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them, if they don’t know the answers, they will find out someone who does.
· Our EMT staff has asked us to put the word out to parents and encourage them to help their kids stay hydrated and eat healthy the day of the contest. Ignoring this results in dehydrated students fainting on stage who have consumed lots of sugar that day, and not much water. There will be a wheelchair back stage, and there will be a staffed EMT station on site all day.
· We ask that you don't bring coolers, or your own food to our invitational. This is our big fundraiser for the year. We have tried to keep our prices low so that you can eat for a reasonable price and food is how we make most of our money. Thanks for your understanding
· We have a professional company videotaping the competition to provide one copy to the director. Parents will be allowed to bring in their own cameras if they so wish.
· We encourage you to come and enjoy performances all day. We are in a rural community and there are no local cafes/fast food restaurants for you to eat at. For that reason, we offer a wide variety of food choices at an affordable price. Our menu includes Hot Turkey Sandwiches, Pocket Taco, Tenderloins, Mac and Cheese, Pizza, veggies, nachos and much more. Our food court will be open from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm
· The admission cost for the full day, including evening finals, is $12.00 per person. Children 4 and under are admitted at no charge. The Family Pack is $45 and will gain admission for two adults and up to three children (5-18). Please be honest and use this for immediate family only.
· Our high school is located on the north side of Van Horne , Iowa. The address is 600 1st Street, Van Horne, Iowa 52346
· Because parking is limited at our school, we will be running bus/shuttles throughout the town during the day, these are free and you are encouraged to use them. There will be vans picking up people in Van Horne on the streets if you need to park there. · Parents - You are welcome to join your students in their critique immediately following their performance in the high school band room.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
Benton Vocal Music
Benton Community Schools
PO Box 70
Van Horne, Iowa 52346