|Mountainview Fun For Fours Preschool » Parents Volunteer Guidelines
Parents Volunteer Guidelines
SAUGUS UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
PARENT VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES
As stated in the Saugus Union School District Parent & Student Preschool Programs Handbook, parents may volunteer to work in their child’s classroom throughout the year. It is expected that parents sign up for volunteer hours in advance.
During the volunteering hours, parents should:
· Actively engage with the children at all times. For example, participate in a game, conduct a small-group activity, read a book, play with children, etc.
· Assist children during transitions such as washing hands, lining up, getting snack or lunch, dismissal, etc. Please remember that adults may assist children but allow them to exercise self-help skills. In addition, parents may only assist their own child in the restroom.
· Observe children and be aware of the environment. Let the teacher know of any potentially harmful situation.
· Inform the teacher of any behavioral issues of the children so that she may address the behavior and communicate with the parent directly. Please exercise discretion to maintain confidentiality.
· Inform the teacher of any injured child so that she may tend to the child and report the occurrence to the parent.
· Address any concerns to the Teacher or Site Supervisor.
Child Development Program Staff
Mountainview Child Development Program
Saugus Union School District
22201 W. Cypress Street
Saugus, CA 91350