Students » Grade 3 » Grade 3 American Revolution
Grade 3 American Revolution
Part of the third grade classroom curriculum is to learn about the American Revolution. Thus, during technology class, students in grade 3 will create a PowerPoint presentation revolving around one of the following topics: People of the Revolution, Causes of the War, or Major Battle. By incorporating the knowledge they have learned in class about Microsoft PowerPoint and research information they find on the web, students will gain a better understanding of integrating research and technology skills to present information to their peers as well as gain important historical knowledge.
Students will be given a partial PowerPoint template to assist them in this process.
1. Liberty – PBS - http://www.pbs.org/ktca/liberty/ - sample newspapers of different events, timeline, life in the colonies, military perspective
2. Liberty’s Kids - http://www.libertyskids.com/ - American Revolution Information
3. Ben’s Guides to U.S. Government - http://bensguide.gpo.gov/ - has historical documents, and other activities that explain the U.S. government
4. Shot Heard Round the World Movie - http://earlyamerica.com/shot_heard.htm - excellent short movie on the beginning of the American Revolution
5. American Revolution Movies -
6. Paul Revere’s Ride -
7. Mrs. Thonus' American Revolution Website
8. Kids Konnect - American Revolution
9. Online Movies about the American Revolution
10. The American Revolution
11. American Revolution - general websites
12. American Revolution for Kids
13. Kidport Reference Library http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/UsaHistory/AmericanRevolution/AmerRevolution.htm
14. Digital History http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/era.cfm?eraID=3&smtID=1
Ms. Jordan's Technology Website!
Mendon-Upton Regional School District