Students » Grade 3 » Grade 3 American Revolution
||Grade 3 American Revolution
American Revolution Project
Part of the third grade classroom curriculum is to learn about the American Revolution. Thus, during technology class, students in grade 3 will create a Power Point presentation revolving around one of the following topics: People of the Revolution, Causes of the War, or Major Battle. By incorporating the knowledge they have learned in class about Microsoft Power Point and research information they find on the web, students will gain a better understanding of integrating research and technology skills to present information to their peers as well as gain important historical knowledge.
Students will be given a partial Power Point template to assist them in this process.
People of the Revolution
People of the Revolution-Page 2
People of the Revolution Page 3
Causes of the War
Timeline of the American Revolution
American Revolution Clip Art
1. American Revolution Think Quest - http://library.thinkquest.org/11683/HomeMain.html - excellent site divided up into major events, lifestyles, battles, people
2. Liberty – PBS - http://www.pbs.org/ktca/liberty/ - sample newspapers of different events, timeline, life in the colonies, military perspective
3. Liberty’s Kids - http://www.libertyskids.com/ - American Revolution Information
4. Ben’s Guides to U.S. Government - http://bensguide.gpo.gov/ - has historical documents, and other activities that explain the U.S. government
5. Shot Heard Round the World Movie - http://earlyamerica.com/shot_heard.htm - excellent short movie on the beginning of the American Revolution
6. American Revolution Movies -
7. Paul Revere’s Ride -
8. Mrs. Thonus' American Revolution Website
9. Kids Konnect - American Revolution
10. Online Movies about the American Revolution
11. The American Revolution
12. American Revolution - general websites
13. American Revolution for Kids
14. Kidport Reference Library http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/UsaHistory/AmericanRevolution/AmerRevolution.htm
In alignment with MA State Frameworks’ Standards: 3.4 - Introduction to the importance of the political, economic, and military developments leading to and during the American Revolution relative to the state of Massachusetts.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
Ms. Jordan's Technology Website!
Mendon-Upton Regional School District