||Breton Downs PTO
Welcome to the Breton Downs PTO 2014/15 Website!
This page is intended as a resource for parents of Breton students to keep up to date on all events, activities, volunteer opportunities and PTO meeting information.
Please take a moment and look around for helpful links and additional information.
New this year: the Breton Downs Elementary PTO Facebook page. Become a member today, and join our community!
The Entertainment Book is full of coupons to local and national restaurants and retailers, is only $30!
* Each membership is packed with discounts for fine and casual dining, local sports and attractions, nearby shops and grocery stores, travel and so much more!
* Bonus: Sell 5 books, earn a FREE book.
* Win awesome PRIZES for supporting your PTO.
* Mobile App: Additional electronic savings for members.
* Not interested? Please return undamaged book to teacher.
Please return your payment made payable to ~ Breton Downs Elementary PTO or undamaged book to your teacher by Tuesday, October 21.
**Box Top$ & Spartan Labels**
Our first Box Top$ and Spartan Label collection has begun! As a reminder, Breton Downs can redeem every Box Top$ for 10 cents and every Spartan Label for 2 cents. We collected over 20,000 Box Top$ last year and made over $2,000. Please turn in your Box Top$ and Spartan Labels to your classroom teacher by Thursday, October 23rd. The classroom that collects the most Box Top$ and will win a pizza party!! The classroom that collects the most Spartan Labels will have a book purchased for the Learning Commons in their name.
Any questions contact Kim Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org
**Breton’s Got Talent**
Breton Downs’ Variety Show is about a month away. Please join us on Thursday, November 20 at 6:30 for a fun-filled evening. Start putting your act together and return the completed sign-up form with music CD and lyrics by this Friday, October 10
**Scholastic Book Fair**
Our Fall Scholastic Book Fair will be happening Nov. 17-21, 2014 in the Learning Commons. Purchase books at a great price to get those kiddos reading, or stock up on gifts for the holidays. Stay tuned for more information!
**Ongoing Ways to Support Breton**
1. Breton Downs is again participating in both the D&W Fresh Market and Family Fare “Cash for Class” program to earn money for our school. A percentage of the purchases made with your 'yes' card will go back to Breton Downs.
You must link your 'yes' card to Breton Downs Elementary. Please visit http://www.myyesrewards.com/ and click on Manage Account to link your card.
2. Use your Meijer 1 Card or Meijer Credit Card. Get a card or link your current card at http://www.meijer.com/rewards or call 1-800-962-7011.
3. Register for Target's Red Card and "Take Charge of Education" by visiting http://www.target.com.
4. Save Box Tops! and Spartan Labels. Collected during the months of October and February. Please continue to save your labels! BoxTop labels can be found on certain brand grocery products. Spartan UPC labels can be found on ALL Spartan brand products; soup, milk, cleaning supplies, etc. Spread the word to neighbors, friends and family.
**Brick by Brick Campaign**
Families will have an opportunity to purchase personalized bricks that will be installed around the flagpole in a newly landscaped area. Look for additional information in weeks to come!
A Note from Mrs. Cannon
October 20, 2014
Dear Breton Downs Families,
Our Veterans Day Assembly is scheduled for Tuesday, November 11 at 9:30 a.m. If you have any relatives who are serving or served in the armed forces, we would like them to attend and be recognized for their service to our country. Please email Lisa Rogers (email@example.com) by Monday, November 3 with the following information:
- Their name
- When they served
- Branch of the military
- Who is their relative
If the relative cannot attend, a picture can be sent in and put in our presentation. We are asking all students and staff to wear red, white, and blue on November 11.
This year our Breton Downs students in grades 3, 4 and 5 will have the opportunity to participate in the National Online Math League, where students from all over the country practice to compete in three online math competitions throughout the year. Next week our math teams will start practicing during lunch recess. Additional information was sent home in your child’s folder on Friday. Please contact Mrs. Peot (3rd grade), Mrs. Ries (4th grade) or Mrs. Bilski (5th grade) if you have any additional questions.
On a personal note, I successfully defended my dissertation at Western Michigan University on Friday and now can officially use the title Dr. Cannon. My dissertation, Processes, Tools, and Procedures Section 504 Coordinators Use to Create and Provide Uniformity of Section 504 Requirements Across Their Districts, has taken me many years to complete, but it is finished. I think one of my biggest joys came from telling my four daughters. They have endured many nights of their mother studying, researching, and writing.
Caroline Breault-Cannon, Ph.D.
Halloween is fast approaching! Breton's Halloween Parade will be on Friday, October 31 at 2:30 p.m. We ask parents to please report to our gym to wait for our parade. Please remember no masks, blood, or weapons when thinking of costumes. Information on classroom parties will be sent home shortly.
Parent Teacher Organization
East Grand Rapids PS - Breton Downs Elementary
2500 Boston Street, SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506